Sunday, August 20, 2006

Josie Dog


On early Friday morning, my parents had to put Josie to sleep. She was mine and Nate's first dog. We weren't able to keep her in our townhome we live in now so my parents have had her for the last 3 years. About 4 weeks ago, Josie started acting a little strange and more anxious than normal. On Monday of last week, she began not sleeping and seizures starting occuring. Through several vet visits and tests, they couldn't figure out what was wrong. She seemed like a very healthy dog. But Thursday night, she had a very bad seizure that lasted several minutes and got up from the seizure disoriented and running wild. My parents took her to the EVet that night and chose to put her to sleep. The vet finally said it was probably a brain tumor that was bleeding. I went Friday to stay with my family and clean up Josie's stuff. Trying to explain death to Rosalyn, a (almost) 3 year old, is hard. But she knows we won't see "Josie Dog" again. She asked me if Josie had her toys and friends in her grave. Isn't that sweet? She was making sure Josie was okay.

No comments: