Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The Paci Fairy has come!

On Sunday night, the 13th, the paci fairy came to our house for Katie's pacifiers. The fairy would be taking her paci to another little boy or girl that needed it. This was a very big deal for us because Katie was very attached to her pacifiers. After supper, Katie began decorating her envelope -- excited and happy about it.

Then came time to put her paci in the envelope...not so excited about it. We had to pry it out of her fingers. Then came the uncontrollable screaming (screeching more like it) and crying and gasping for air. Boy was it dramatic. Monkey seemed to help a little bit.... We walked down to the mailbox and put the envelope in there for the paci fairy. (Screaming begins again.)
She got in bed by 8:30, crying and screaming still. I was catering to her because I knew this was hard for her. She asked for "Mr. Steve's music", which is the "Hide 'em in My Heart" CD's. This is usually not allowed for bedtime but I was at the point of whatever she wanted she could get. And then while still crying, she says "Pray me, mommy, pray me." I then started crying of course. I prayed with her, she laid down, and finally went to sleep around 10:30...with no paci. What a night. This is what Katie woke up and found outside.
Posted by Picasa

She was very excited about the jewelry, small doodle pro, and money that the paci fairy left in exchange for her paci.
I write this one week later. Katie has done great without the paci! There's only been a few times that she has asked for it but it's been when she's really tired. I'm so proud of her!Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Ellen said...

So proud of you, Katie Noel! You are such a big girl and I miss you so much! I'm so glad we got to talk on the phone last night.
I LOVE YOU BUNCHES!

Brent and Noele said...

We see this down the road with our littlest one, Lydia. Boy, does she love her paci! It's good to know that there's hope. =)
Love to you all,
The Sadlers

Emily Anne Russ said...

What a cute story! Sweet Katie, good for you!

Kim said...

Christy- that is adorable. I think that is a great way to deal with the paci situation! I'm glad that it worked! I'm so glad that I got to see you and your girls (and little Knox) today!

Bran said...

What a good idea...a paci fairy! We would love to see you guys this fall in Franklin! Let us know when you set a date!