Sunday, March 01, 2009

A quick update and prayer request

I would love to be able to sit here and post all the cute pictures of Knox on his first birthday and of the girls but this is just an update on our lives over the past few weeks.

On Feb. 11th, Knox went to the doctor with a runny green nose and deep cough. I thought it was just a bad cold but it was croup. The doctor put him on steroids and cough medecine. He seemed to be doing much better but still had a cough and congestion. (I unfortunately caught his bad cold and still have a cough and some congestion.) So a week later I took him back in, the 18th, and the congestion had settled into his lungs. He now had double ear infections, RSV, and bronchitis. Wow. To say that just blows me away. He was still in pretty good spirits. He wasn't eating well but hadn't been in a few weeks anyway. I would not have expected all this. The doctor told us the signs to look for before we send him to the hospital. So we began breathing treatments for 3 times a day for 5 days, plus antibiotics, pain medicine. This past Wednesday he went back to the doctor and he is all clear and looks good. Praise the Lord. He'll continue breathing treatments for a few more days. Rosalyn came down with sinuisitis but fortunately it was short lived and she's good now.

On Thursday, we got news that my grandmother, my mom's mom, had taken a turn for the worse. She was put on oxygen and was weak. I was able to go to the nursing home and be with her a few hours that day. On Saturday, the Lord took her home to be with Him. She died peacefully and we are so thankful for that. She was a dear sweet lady and the most wonderful grandmother to me. She was diagnosed with Alzheimer's about 4 years ago and had been in the nursing home for a year and half. We'll be having her funeral Monday night and Tuesday morning in Hazelhurst. Then we'll drive to Pulaski, TN to bury her Wednesday morning beside my grandfather. Please pray for my family as we go through this grief and as we travel.

2 comments:

Marty said...

So sorry about your grandmother. Glad Knox is feeling better. Love y'all.

Paula said...

Absolutely will be praying for you! Praise God that Knox is better. Will pray that God gives you and your family grace and peace and strength. Let me know how I can help you.