Saturday, May 30, 2009

A Month of Craziness...yet again

I've been telling Nate that I'm ready for our life to be normal for a few days. We have had one of the hardest years with the kids being sick, loss of family members and friends, and then other thingsthat seem to happen at the worst of times.
One of those things occurred a week and a half before our beach trip. The kids and I were eating lunch in the kitchen and I knew we were about to have a bad storm in our area. As we were eating, the rains start and the hail and the wind. Nate calls and asks if our roof was leaking (this is a very normal occurrence b/c the roof is old) and I say no I can't believe it, there's no leaks. Not even 5 minutes later, I hear a loud rush of water in our house and I run room to room to figure out where it is and look in the girls room. There is water gushing out of the ceiling onto Rosalyn's bed and the floor. I get buckets, call Nate in a panic, and Rosalyn comes to the rescue with all the towels she can get. This is the "bubble" as the girls call it that is now on the girls ceiling. We've had much drama associated with this bubble but I won't get into all that.



Oh, and besides our roof being old, the other reason we have this leak is because a raccoon had gotten into our roof and ran around our attic one night. We thought the roofer had fixed the hole in the roof...but he did not!

Thankfully we are getting a new roof this week!!! We are excited even though the noise is really loud!

Another thing this month.....

Katie was diagnosed with Salmonella the day before we leave for the beach. I had called the doctor late Thursday night b/c of some things (too gross to mention on here) going on with her. He was immediately worried and said she may have to go into the hospital that night if she started throwing up and crying in pain for long lengths of time. She was having to go to the bathroom every hour that night so she ended up in bed with us. She had an 8:30 doctor appointment Friday morning. He started Katie on antibiotics that day and we monitored her and her fever. He said we could go on the trip as long as her fever stayed down. So on Saturday morning we left. She was sick til Wednesday but praise the Lord she was okay. Evidently she came into contact with raw meat as we were cooking. She didn't eat it or she would have been alot worse. I've always been cautious with raw meat but now even more so.

So we go to the beach and have fun and get back on Saturday night and on Monday night....

I went out grocery shopping b/c we literally had nothing to eat. As I was driving back home, I was going through an intersection and another car hit me. Yep. I had my first big wreck. I am fine, Nate's car isn't. We think it's totaled though the insurance company hasn't told us only the wrecker man did. I'm still sore and there's things I try to do around the house and realize I still can't but I'm praying to feel better soon.

So as we get a new roof this week we'll also be out looking for a new car.

3 comments:

Anna H said...

I am so sorry things have been so hard. Praise the Lord that you are fine and that your precious children were home asleep during the wreck.

Kim said...

sweet Christy! I'm sorry it's been a hard week. I hope that everything is getting better!!

Paula said...

Oh, my! As Jan Karon says, "No rest for the wicked and the righteous don't need none." I hope things improve and that you are blessed with some wonderful, easy going summer days. : )