Saturday, October 24, 2009

July

Life seemed to slow down a bit in the month of July. And apparently I didn't take many pictures!

Science Museum (and my boot)
The girls have always loved going to the science museum but this was Knox first time to actually enjoy it. It was fun to see him watch the fish and look all around at everything.

These pictures are out of order...but in the one below you can tell Knox was a little skeptical of the fish but in the one above, he was full of excitement!

Here's the boot pic - When I had my wreck in May, I hurt my foot/ankle really bad. I thought it was a sprain so I didn't do anything about it besides keep it wrapped and medicate it. But as time got closer to go to Peru in June, I decided to do x-rays. The x-rays showed no broken bones which was great. I decided to not do anything else til after the missons trip. On our hiking trip in Peru, my foot got much worse and it was difficult to walk on. The week after I got back, I went to see an orthopedic surgeon and found out I had nerve damage to my ankle. I had to wear a boot for a month and take nerve repair medecine, which had bad side affects. But today, I am so thankful to say that it feels much better. I still can't wear high heels or flip flops, my 2 favorite kind of shoes, but that is fine. I'm off the medecine for now. I still feel discomfort in my foot but the doctor says that it could take several months to heal.

Knox had his First Haircut!
I was so sad to see his cute little curls cut but he was actually getting frustrated with his hair touching his ears. He did so good.

No comments: