Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Sickness in the home

How sad is this picture of Knox?? On Tuesday, June 10th Knox started crying uncontrollably all day. I just knew it was another ear infection. I was able to take him to the doctor on Wednesday morning and found out he had hand, foot, and mouth.(No not the cow disease.) He had 3 ulcers in his throat which meant he didn't want to eat. We had 3 days of crying and sleepless nights. He was suppose to get blisters on his hands and feet but fortunately he never did. However, I wasn't so lucky. This sickness is only spread through drool or if the blisters were oozing.(How nasty does that sound?) Well, of course he spits up all the time and was constantly drooling so the next week I ended up with hand, foot, and mouth. The ulcers in my throat were extremely painful, I was very tired and achy, and the sores on my hands and feet were itchy and painful. So to say the least, the past 2 weeks have been tiring and very out of routine for us!

No comments: